51. [L + S] Real English Conversation: Farm Life [2m49s]

#8: Farm Life

Bổ túc từ mới trước khi nghe


Từ / Cụm từ Phiên âm Nghĩa Ví dụ
as such chính xác là (using the exact meaning of the word or phrase, often be omitted) - He isn't American as such, but he's spent most of his life there.
(Chính xác anh ấy không là người Mỹ, nhưng anh ấy sống gần hết cuộc đời ở đó.)
- The shop doesn't sell books as such, but it does sell magazines and newspapers.
(Chính xác là cửa hàng không bán sách, nhưng nó có bán báo và tạp chí.)
equestrian /ɪˈkwes.tri.ən/ (adj) (thuộc) cưỡi ngựa (connected with the riding of horses)
(n) người cưỡi ngựa (a person who rides horses, especially as a job or very skilfully)
- My equestrian teacher has won many horse riding competitions.
- The bond between rider and horse is very important in equestrian sports.
- Each team in the equestrian challenge is composed of four horse riders.
take off (phrasal verb) rời khỏi mặt đất và bắt đầu bay (cất cánh)
(If an aircraft, bird, or insect takes off, it leaves the ground and begins to fly)
- The plane took off at 8.30 a.m.
- The plane will take off in a minute.
- When should we expect to take off?
hang off (literal phrasal verb - nghĩa đen) treo
(When somebody or something is 'hanging off', it is attached from above with no support from below.)
- My neighbor always hangs her laundry off the balcony.
apparently /əˈpæ.rənt.li/ (adv) hình như (used to say you have read or been told something although you are not certain it is true) - Apparently it's going to rain today.
- Apparently they are getting divorced soon.
- She was taken to hospital, apparently amnesiac and shocked.
sense /sens/ (n) 1. giác quan (one of the five powers (sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch) that your body uses to get information about the world around you)
2. có lý, có nghĩa (one of the possible meanings of a word or phrase)
(v) thấy, cảm thấy, cảm nhận (to feel or experience something without being able to explain exactly how)
- This passage doesn't make (any) sense (= the meaning is not clear).
- I've read the letter twice, but I can't make (any) sense of it (= I can't understand it).
- Although she said nothing, I could sense her anger.
- Judging by her silence, he sensed his teacher was annoyed.
ranch /ræn.tʃ/ (n) trang trại (a large farm, especially in North America or Australia, where cows, horses, sheep, etc. are bred) - The ranch employed ten or twelve cowboys.
- He lives on a cattle ranch in Australia.
suburban /səˈbɜːr.bən/ (adj) (thuộc) suburb
(The suburbs are an area just outside the city. There are a lot of houses and small apartments, but not many tall buildings. Life there is very different from city life.)
- Suburban life is great for families. It’s quieter and safer than the city.
- They live in suburban Washington.
Bỏ highlight
Tích vào ô để bật chỉnh sửa:
- Chuột trái bôi đen những chỗ có nối âm, flap T, âm cuối... để luyện nói:
+ Bôi đen 1 lần để highlight.
+ Bôi đen lần 2 vào phần đã bôi để bỏ highlight phần đó.
Editable

Todd: Monica, you mentioned a farm home stay in New Zealand. Have you ever actually lived on a farm?

Monica: I haven't lived on a farm as such, but I've visited family friends who have lived on farms.

Todd: Did you like it?

Monica: Yeah, I remember loving visiting my family friends on farms. Yeah, especially riding horses. I loved riding horses when I was young.

Todd: So are you good? Are you an equestrian professional?

Monica: I wouldn't say that. I do remember one time. My mother always seems to tell people this story about when I was young, and we were at her friend's farm. I was on a horse, and the horse took off, and I was only about, I think ten at the time and I was hanging off the side of this horse and my mother was really worried for me, and then when the horse finally stopped she ... you know ... she came running up and asked me if I was OK and things, and apparently I said to her, "Oh, it's OK. I wanted it to go fast."

Todd: That's cute. You're lucky you didn't get hurt though.

Monica: Yeah, well, I guess I just didn't sense the danger.

Todd: Actually, I kind of grew up on a farm. My grandfather had a ranch growing up so I spend every summer on his ranch, so I have quite the ... I don't know ... I guess I have a lot of experience on a farm. Yeah, it's good. I remember when I was young I thought the life on a farm was just the best. I mean I had it so good, and I loved everything about living on a farm and I thought when I was gonna get older, I would want to be on a farm, but now that I'm older, I couldn't imagine doing it every again.

Monica: What can't you imagine doing?

Todd: I don't know, I guess, I just couldn't imagine all that work, and I think I'm just so addicted to city life or suburban life and living in a house and just doing work on computers and things like that. I couldn't go back to that lifestyle, but when I was young, I have to admit, I enjoyed it a lot. So how about you? Could you see yourself moving and living on a farm?

Monica: Well, yeah, I think my thoughts are similar to yours in that I'm very used to being inside using a computer, and I'm used to a very different lifestyle to one that involves being on a farm, but yeah, I've never had a long period of time where I've stayed on a farm like you so yeah maybe it's a bit different for me.

Transcript

Để cải thiện khả năng nghe tiếng Anh, chỉ xem để tìm ra những phần nghe khuyết sau khi đã cố gắng nghe nhiều lần, nhiều lần mà vẫn không thể nghe ra chính xác những từ người bản xứ nói. Làm vậy để hình thành dần thói quen không lệ thuộc vào phụ đề. Khi xem phụ đề, chú ý cách người bản xứ nối âm trong từng câu, ngữ điệu, trọng âm lên xuống, những ending sound của những từ đứng đơn lẻ ngoài -s, -ed ví dụ như list, rest, like, watch, of ... (ghi nhớ ending sound sẽ giúp nghe được nối âm một cách tự nhiên), và những phát âm dạng rút gọn 's, 've, 'd, 're ... sau đó đọc lại từng câu đúng theo những chú ý này. Đọc làm gì? Luyện nghe thôi đọc làm gì? Thứ nhất để rèn khẩu hình miệng cho speaking, khi nói một câu dài, có rất nhiều chỗ mình tưởng chừng dễ nhưng khi nói thì méo hết mồm như kiểu bị ngắn lưỡi vậy, và chỉ luyện nói mới giúp mình phát hiện và cải thiện được những chỗ khuyết này. Thứ hai cũng là để cải thiện nghe, mình không nghe được chính xác từ mặc dù đã biết từ đó vì trong đầu đang tồn tại một phát âm sai của từ theo kiểu Việt hóa (do nhìn thoáng qua từ và đoán phát âm hoặc nghe được từ những người xung quanh phát âm sai nên cũng hình thành phát âm sai theo - tất cả đều là mình không cẩn thận trong việc tự tập phát âm chuẩn). Vì vậy việc đọc ra thành lời là cực kì quan trọng.


Source:

http://www.elllo.org/english/0951/T994-Monica-Farm.htm


Mini Game

Mình thiết kế một trò chơi nhỏ ở dưới đây để luyện viết và rèn trí nhớ (luyện não - Train The Brain). Nó gồm những từ mới mình đã đề cập ở đầu bài viết. Cách chơi: Với những gợi ý là nghĩa của từ, mình sẽ viết ra từ được nói đến ở đây bằng tiếng Anh. Có 2 chức năng kèm ở đây là chọn giọng nói và tích hợp thêm tìm kiếm hình ảnh (ghi nhớ từ qua hình ảnh). Bắt đầu thôi.

Integrate Google Images Search Engine

Words list suggestion

Ready? Click here to start!
Time remaining:
Current score: out of
You got out of . That's %!
      light bulb

      Mẹo nhỏ nhắc nhở mình học tiếng Anh

      Trước khi kết thúc, mình muốn chia sẻ nốt một mẹo cho những bạn mới học và rất rất rất lười lười lười giống mình. Xuất phát là một đứa lười, nên mình hiểu việc tạo một thói quen học tiếng Anh là rất khó, nhiều lúc biết nguồn hay để học tiếng Anh, nhưng cũng lười đến nỗi chả buồn vào. Vì vậy mình chợt nảy ra một ý nghĩ nếu bật trình duyệt lên mà trang cần học có sẵn ngay thì sao nhỉ, chắc chắn là lười quá mức thì vẫn sẽ tắt nó đi rồi mở tab facebook hoặc tab xem phim như bình thường, nhưng ít ra nó đã nhắc nhở mình cần phải học tiếng Anh, học luôn và ngay, hơn là vào lại trang đó, tìm tìm phần cần học nghe đã muốn lười.

      Popular posts from this blog

      16. Bạn có thích đọc truyện không? Hãy luyện đọc cùng mình

      43. [Reading + Listening] Historical places

      Chia sẻ tài liệu cùng luyện tập