55. [L + S] Real English Conversation: [Video] Angelic in LA - EP4 [4m52s]

#12: Angelic in LA - EP4

Bổ túc từ mới trước khi nghe


Từ / Cụm từ Phiên âm Nghĩa Ví dụ
binge-watch (v) cày phim (Binge-watching, also called binge-viewing or marathon-viewing is the practice of watching television for a long time span, usually a single television show.) - We binge-watched an entire season of Breaking Bad on Sunday.
- I can't believe I spent all day binge-watching that show — it's so addictive!
fetch /fetʃ/ (v) tìm về, lấy về, đem về, đón về (to go to another place to get something or someone and bring it, him, or her back) - Could you fetch me my glasses/fetch my glasses for me from the other room, please?
- I have to fetch my mother from the station.
- He fetches the children from school on Mondays and Fridays.
- Let me fetch a chair for you.
collaboration /kəˌlæ.bəˈreɪ.ʃn/ (n) sự cộng tác (the act of working with another person or group of people to create or produce something) - She wrote the book in collaboration with one of her students.
- The new airport is a collaboration between two of the best architects in the country.
- Universities and companies are working together in a spirit of collaboration to develop new solutions.
got to gotta = got to = have got to = have to (phải) - I gotta go now.
- I gotta go home and hit the books.
duel /ˈduːəl/ (n) cuộc đọ kiếm, đọ súng, tranh chấp tay đôi
(a formal fight in the past, using guns or swords, arranged between two people as a way of deciding an argument)
- In 1779, Decatur was killed in a duel.
- Mr William challenged the young man to a duel.
coward /ˈka.ʊərd/ (n, adj) nhát gan, hèn nhát (a person who is not brave and is too eager to avoid danger, difficulty, or pain) - You coward! What are you afraid of?
- Try it. Don't be such a coward.
jerk /dʒɜːrk/ (slang) (n) a stupid person - You stupid jerk! You've just spilled beer all down my new shirt!
dumb /dʌm/ (adj) 1. bị câm (unable to speak)
2. ngu ngốc (stupid)
- He's been deaf and dumb since birth.
- What a dumb idea!
- Are they brave or just dumb?
wild /waɪ.ld/ (adj) 1. điên cuồng (uncontrolled, violent, or extreme)
2. hoang dã, hoang dại (used to refer to plants or animals that live or grow independently of people, in natural conditions and with natural characteristics)
- a wild party
- wild dancing
- When I told him what I'd done, he went wild (= became very angry).
- He was attacked by wild animals.
go through (phrasal verb)
1. trải qua chuyện gì (to experience a difficult or unpleasant situation)
2. xem xét cẩn thận, khảo sát kĩ lưỡng (to examine something that contains a collection of things carefully in order to organize them or find something)
- Sometimes I go through those nights where music is my only friend.
- She was too weak to go through pregnancy.
- I'm going through my wardrobe and throwing out all the clothes I don't wear any more.
- Remember to go through the pockets before you put those trousers in the washing machine.
- Go through the document checking the errors.
crummy /ˈkrʌmi/ (adj) rất tệ (dirty, unpleasant, or of very bad quality) - We stayed in a crummy little hotel near the railway station.
track down (phrasal verb) tìm kiếm (to find something or someone after looking for it, him, or her in a lot of different places)
- track:
+ (n) dấu, vết
+ (v) theo vết, truy vết
- I’ll track down your mom for you.
- I tracked her down.
(Tôi đã tìm ra cô ấy)
- She had spent years trying to track down her parents.
- The police and army worked together to track down the terrorists.
stay away from sb/sth (phrasal verb) tránh xa (to not go near or become involved with someone; to avoid something that will have a bad effect on you) - My parents told me to stay away from him.
- You should stay away from negative people.
- I'd rather die than stay away from you.
wild goose chase /ˌwaɪldˈɡuːs ˌtʃeɪs/ (idiom) sự đeo đuổi viển vông, một sự tìm tòi vô ích
(If you are on a wild goose chase, you waste a lot of time searching for something that you have little chance of finding, because you have been given incorrect information.)
- (n) goose: con ngỗng
- (v) chase: đuổi theo, săn đuổi
- Those jerks sent me on a wild goose chase to find a copy of a book that hasn't been released yet!
- Where have you been? - I have been on a wild goose chase looking for you in the department store.
- They went on a wild goose chase searching for mushrooms that weren't in season.
get off someone's back (idiom) ngưng làm phiền ai (đừng lải nhải nữa)
(used to tell someone to stop criticizing you)
- Get off my back, will you!
- Alice: I'm tired of your constant criticism! Get off my back!
  Jane: I was just trying to help.
Bỏ highlight
Tích vào ô để bật chỉnh sửa:
- Chuột trái bôi đen những chỗ có nối âm, flap T, âm cuối... để luyện nói:
+ Bôi đen 1 lần để highlight.
+ Bôi đen lần 2 vào phần đã bôi để bỏ highlight phần đó.
Editable

Angelic Voice Over: Hello, fellow dreamers. My name is Angelic and I just moved to Los Angeles, California with my family, including my brother, CJ. Together, we are looking to start a new life and make some dreams come true.

Angelic: Good morning, dreamers, it's Angelic. What's up? I am so happy because today I have a free day. I'm thinking of going to the movies or binge-watching some TV shows. So I have no idea what I'm going to do, but if CJ thinks that I will do anything today, boy I have something for him. All right guys. I love you guys so much. Bye.

CJ: Come on, open the door. I'm bored.

Angelic: Nope, not going to happen, not today.

CJ: You're killing me. You already did a vlog, why stop now?

Angelic: Because it's my day off, and whatever it is, I'm not doing it.

CJ: What about--

Angelic: No.

CJ: Or maybe--

Angelic: No!

CJ: Let's try--

Angelic: No!

Angelic Voice Over: Okay, Ceej, you want something to do? I got something for you to do.

Angelic: You know what? I have a task for you. You want to work, don't you?

CJ: Please do not make me clean your room.

Angelic Voice Over: Wait, clean my room? I got to remember that.

Angelic: Don't be silly. Look, Ricky Skateboard is at the skate park right now. Why don't you go fetch him for a collaboration?

CJ: Okay, let's go, but you got to come with me.

Angelic: Someone must stay here in case the page goes down, or coyotes break in the house. You know, the usual.

CJ: Well, I'll come back with a new collaboration and then we'll work.

Angelic: That's the spirit, now go and get me a collaboration and don't come back until you get one.

CJ: You got it.

CJ: Hey, um-

A strange woman: Hey kid, you're in the way. We're trying to do some work.

CJ: Actually my name is CJ Sky.

Ricky: Hey kid, we're a little busy, do you mind?

Angelic: Hey Ceej.

CJ: Hey, Angelic, I'm coming home. Ricky seems really busy.

Angelic: Giving up already?

CJ: What?

Angelic: Maybe you should challenge him to a live skate duel. That'll get his attention.

CJ: Why?

Angelic: Oh my God, Ceej, I got to go. The coyotes are surrounding the house, I think they want to break in your room.

CJ: So what should I do?

Angelic: Well don't be coward, and challenge him to a skate duel. Got to go, bye!

CJ: Hey Ricky, I challenge you to a live duel.

Ricky: Okay, so what's in it for me? What do I get?

CJ: If I lose, I get to be the biggest jerk all over the internet. But if you lose, you have to do a collaboration with my sister. We have a deal?

Ricky: Okay, you have yourself a deal.

Ricky: Hey guys, how are you? I'm Ricky Skateboard. I'm here with CJ who just challenged me to a live duel. If he wins, I get to do a collaboration with his sister. If I win, he just looks dumb on the internet. So let's see how this goes. Ready?

CJ: Yup.

Ricky: Let's do it.

Angelic: Oh my gosh.

Angelic Voice Over: Never in my wildest dreams did I think he'd go through with it. Okay, here we go world.

Angelic: Poor Ceej.

Ricky: Wow, kid, you're crummy but you got a lot of heart. Tell me about your sister.

CJ: So my name is CJ Sky, and I would love for you to do a collaboration with my sister Angelic.

Ricky: Wait, don't I have a show with you guys next week?

CJ: I highly doubt it, but let me just check.

Angelic Voice Over: Now some of you might be wondering why I would get my little brother to go track down some guys at the skate park that we don't know. That would be crazy, right? Kids need to stay away from strangers, even kid managers. Well, it's a good thing I know Ricky.

Angelic: Hey Ceej.

CJ: Hey, Angelic. Apparently we have a collaboration with Ricky next week. Do you know about this?

Angelic: Yeah, I set that up two weeks ago.

CJ: Then why'd you make me go on this wild goose chase? I mean just tell me why.

Angelic: Well, it did get you off my back, didn't it?

CJ: I need a day off.

Transcript

Để cải thiện khả năng nghe tiếng Anh, chỉ xem để tìm ra những phần nghe khuyết sau khi đã cố gắng nghe nhiều lần, nhiều lần mà vẫn không thể nghe ra chính xác những từ người bản xứ nói. Làm vậy để hình thành dần thói quen không lệ thuộc vào phụ đề. Khi xem phụ đề, chú ý cách người bản xứ nối âm trong từng câu, ngữ điệu, trọng âm lên xuống, những ending sound của những từ đứng đơn lẻ ngoài -s, -ed ví dụ như list, rest, like, watch, of ... (ghi nhớ ending sound sẽ giúp nghe được nối âm một cách tự nhiên), và những phát âm dạng rút gọn 's, 've, 'd, 're ... sau đó đọc lại từng câu đúng theo những chú ý này. Đọc làm gì? Luyện nghe thôi đọc làm gì? Thứ nhất để rèn khẩu hình miệng cho speaking, khi nói một câu dài, có rất nhiều chỗ mình tưởng chừng dễ nhưng khi nói thì méo hết mồm như kiểu bị ngắn lưỡi vậy, và chỉ luyện nói mới giúp mình phát hiện và cải thiện được những chỗ khuyết này. Thứ hai cũng là để cải thiện nghe, mình không nghe được chính xác từ mặc dù đã biết từ đó vì trong đầu đang tồn tại một phát âm sai của từ theo kiểu Việt hóa (do nhìn thoáng qua từ và đoán phát âm hoặc nghe được từ những người xung quanh phát âm sai nên cũng hình thành phát âm sai theo - tất cả đều là mình không cẩn thận trong việc tự tập phát âm chuẩn). Vì vậy việc đọc ra thành lời là cực kì quan trọng.


Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iasUQssRjr0


Mini Game

Mình thiết kế một trò chơi nhỏ ở dưới đây để luyện viết và rèn trí nhớ (luyện não - Train The Brain). Nó gồm những từ mới mình đã đề cập ở đầu bài viết. Cách chơi: Với những gợi ý là nghĩa của từ, mình sẽ viết ra từ được nói đến ở đây bằng tiếng Anh. Có 2 chức năng kèm ở đây là chọn giọng nói và tích hợp thêm tìm kiếm hình ảnh (ghi nhớ từ qua hình ảnh). Bắt đầu thôi.

Integrate Google Images Search Engine

Words list suggestion

Ready? Click here to start!
Time remaining:
Current score: out of
You got out of . That's %!
      light bulb

      Mẹo nhỏ nhắc nhở mình học tiếng Anh

      Trước khi kết thúc, mình muốn chia sẻ nốt một mẹo cho những bạn mới học và rất rất rất lười lười lười giống mình. Xuất phát là một đứa lười, nên mình hiểu việc tạo một thói quen học tiếng Anh là rất khó, nhiều lúc biết nguồn hay để học tiếng Anh, nhưng cũng lười đến nỗi chả buồn vào. Vì vậy mình chợt nảy ra một ý nghĩ nếu bật trình duyệt lên mà trang cần học có sẵn ngay thì sao nhỉ, chắc chắn là lười quá mức thì vẫn sẽ tắt nó đi rồi mở tab facebook hoặc tab xem phim như bình thường, nhưng ít ra nó đã nhắc nhở mình cần phải học tiếng Anh, học luôn và ngay, hơn là vào lại trang đó, tìm tìm phần cần học nghe đã muốn lười.

      Popular posts from this blog

      16. Bạn có thích đọc truyện không? Hãy luyện đọc cùng mình

      43. [Reading + Listening] Historical places

      Chia sẻ tài liệu cùng luyện tập