56. [L + S] Real English Conversation: [Video] Angelic in LA - EP6 [6m19s]

#13: Angelic in LA - EP6

Bổ túc từ mới trước khi nghe


Từ / Cụm từ Phiên âm Nghĩa Ví dụ
tune in (phrasal verb)
1. to watch or listen to a particular television or radio programme or station
2. hợp, hòa hợp, thích (to have a good understanding of what is happening in a situation or what other people are thinking)
- Be sure to tune in to next week's show.
- Tune in to BBC tonight at 9 o'clock.
- She just doesn't seem to be tuned in to her students' needs.
- I can never tune in on rap music. To me it’s just a noisy waste of time. Can you tell what they are singing about? It sounds like some strange foreign language to me.
freak out (phrasal verb) mất kiểm soát cảm xúc
("I'm really freaking out" = "I'm losing control of my emotions". Fear, shock or worry can cause you to freak out. But, one can aslo freak out from good feelings like exitement, happiness and even joy!)
(Sợ hãi, sốc hay lo lắng có thể khiến bạn freak out. Nhưng một người cũng có thể freak out vì những cảm xúc tốt như hào hứng, hạnh phúc hay hân hoan.)
- I freak out every time I see a bug.
- I didn't mean to freak out everybody with the bad news.
- Mom will freak out when she finds out we broke her vase!
- Her latest album just freaked me out.
- I totally freaked out when I heard we'd won tickets to the concert.
upset /ʌpˈset/ (adj) worried, unhappy, or angry
(v) to make somebody/yourself feel unhappy, anxious or annoyed
- He was very upset that you didn't reply to his emails.
- She was very upset to hear that the party had been cancelled.
- She was really upset about the way her father treated her.
- I didn't mean to upset you.
- Try not to let him upset you.
- Don't upset yourself about it - let's just forget it ever happened.
stage /steɪ.dʒ/ (n) 1. sân khấu, bệ (a raised floor or platform, typically in a theater, on which actors, entertainers, or speakers perform)
2. giai đoạn (a point, period, or step in a process or development)
- There were more than 50 people on stage in one scene.
- The audience threw flowers onto the stage.
- The project is in its final stages and should be completed by August.
- They did the last stage of their journey on foot.
- Our marriage is going through a difficult stage at the moment.
flip out (phrasal verb) to become extremely angry or to lose control of yourself from surprise or shock - Mom will flip out when she finds out we broke her vase!
- The neighbors flipped out when my oak tree crashed onto their property.
pull off (phrasal verb) xoay sở để khiến điều gì đó xảy ra (to manage to do something difficult) - I can’t believe they were able to pull off such a big party in spite of the rain.
- I'm sure you will pull off the competition.
- Congratulations on winning the case! I wasn't sure you'd pull it off.
It takes a village to raise a child (tục ngữ, ngạn ngữ - proverb) "Cần cả một làng để nuôi dạy một đứa trẻ" (raising a child well takes the love and care of not just parents but the whole community; it takes an entire community of different people interacting with children in order for children to experience and grow in a safe environment.)
bloom /bluːm/ (n)
1. hoa (a flower)
2. vẻ hồng hào, tươi, khỏe mạnh (a healthy fresh appearance)
(v) nở hoa, nở rộ, phát triển (to grow or develop successfully)
-The gardens are all in bloom.
- She was nineteen, in the full bloom of youth.
- She had a healthy bloom in her cheeks.
- Rimbaud's poetic genius bloomed early.
mold /moʊld/ (n) khuôn mẫu (a container that you pour a liquid or soft substance into, which then becomes solid in the same shape as the container) - Pour the chocolate into a heart-shaped mold.
break the mold (idiom) làm điều khác biệt, phá vỡ khuôn mẫu (to do something differently after it has been done in the same way for a long time; to do something in a new way) - Sha-Rock broke the mold when she became the first female rapper in the US.
- His method of teaching physics breaks the mould.
- She broke the mould by being the first person in her family to go to the university.
claim /kleɪm/ (v) đòi, yêu cầu, thỉnh cầu, yêu sách (đòi hỏi, bắt buộc phải đáp ứng điều gì, vì nghĩ là mình có quyền được hưởng)
(to ask for something of value because you think it belongs to you or because you think you have a right to it)
- The police said that if no one claims the watch, you can keep it.
- A lot of lost property is never claimed.
- When King Richard III died, Henry VII claimed the English throne.
truly /ˈtruːli/ (adv) thực sự (used to emphasize that what you are saying is true) - She was a truly great actress.
- This is a truly remarkable achievement.
- It was a truly terrifying experience.
Bỏ highlight
Tích vào ô để bật chỉnh sửa:
- Chuột trái bôi đen những chỗ có nối âm, flap T, âm cuối... để luyện nói:
+ Bôi đen 1 lần để highlight.
+ Bôi đen lần 2 vào phần đã bôi để bỏ highlight phần đó.
Editable

Angelic Voice Over: Hello, fellow dreamers. My name is Angelic and I just moved to Los Angeles, California with my family, including my brother, CJ. Together, we are looking to start a new life and make some dreams come true.

Angelic: Hey dreamers. Today's a very special day because today we got our one million followers and I'm so happy and as a way of thanking you, we are throwing a live webcast show tonight on this site. But wait guys, I'm not done yet. We're also going to play a brand new song. Alright guys, that is it for now. Make sure to tune in tonight and watch my webcast. I love you guys.

Angelic Voice Over: So here's where I try my hardest not to freak out. I don't have a song yet. Well, I have a few ideas, but I want it to be perfect for my fans and I don't want to let CJ down. He's going to be so upset.

CJ: This is going to be a hit. A live show and a new song? This is going to be big.

Angelic Voice Over: You're not making this any easier, CJ.

CJ: By the way, how's the song going?

Angelic: Um, not so great. Thing is, I don't have a song yet.

Angelic Voice Over: And here's the part where CJ freaks out.

CJ: I sent out all the invites already.

Angelic: We don't even have a stage set up yet.

CJ: I'll get that covered. We do have enough time, so you go ahead and work on the song. Pretty sure you're going to get something done. Remember, like last time?

Angelic: You're right. I got this.

Angelic Voice Over: I have to admit, that went better than expected. He seemed so relaxed. Maybe I should be relaxed too. Yeah, this is going to be awesome.

CJ: You'll be fine. This is my show. What can possibly go wrong?

Angelic Voice Over: Writing's a funny thing. You have so many things to say, but you have to find something that speaks to you. I want my fans to know how much I appreciate them and without their support I'd just be left in the dark. Now if I could only figure out how to say it before I go through an entire notebook of paper.

Angelic: Ceej, I'm in a huge situation.

CJ: What's going on?

Angelic: Well, I have less than an hour left and I still don't have a song.

CJ: Oh my god.

Angelic Voice Over: Okay, here it is. The part where CJ flips out. Wait for it.

CJ: It's okay. I got it. I got this. You do you, and I'll just do me.

Angelic Voice Over: Wait, what? Does anyone know where I can find my little brother CJ? Because this is someone else. He's being so understanding.

CJ: You just bring your A game tonight.

Angelic: Are you sure?

CJ: Positive.

Angelic: Thanks Ceej.

CJ: What are we going to do?

Angelic: This looks amazing, you totally pulled it off!

CJ: You look like a total rockstar. Alright, let's go. We're getting called up in five minutes.

Angelic: Let's do this.

Angelic: Hello fellow dreamers and fangelics. Here's my way of saying thank you for all your love and support. This song is called Village.

Fans: Aww.

Angelic Voice Over: So that just happened. I couldn't believe it. I felt bad for CJ. He worked so hard to make this whole thing happen. And I felt sorry for the fans. I let everyone down. But, then the most amazing thing happened.

Angelic:

♪ They tell me it takes a village to raise up a child

♪ They tell me it takes a village to survive in the world ♪

♪ I'm saying one of a million goes a million miles ♪

♪ We're singing it takes a village ♪

♪ Yeah, it takes a village ♪

♪ Nobody's perfect on their own ♪

♪ I know, I know ♪

♪ We got to work it out to bloom

♪ To break the mold

♪ Know that you're worth it ♪

♪ If you fight to claim your road ♪

♪ We can do it hand in hand ♪

♪ Everyday a better plan ♪

♪ All the people to the west say ah ♪

♪ All the people to the east say ah ♪

♪ Show 'em how you got to be no lie ♪

♪ No lie ♪

♪ They tell me it takes a village to raise up a child ♪

♪ They tell me it takes a village to survive in the world ♪

♪ I'm saying one of a million goes a million miles ♪

♪ We're singing it takes a village ♪

♪ Yeah it takes a village ♪

♪ It takes a village, yeah it takes a village, yeah ♪

Angelic: I can see that you fixed the light bulbs.

CJ: Bought a bulb.

Angelic: We can clean this up tomorrow. We have a lot of work to do.

CJ: No. No, no, no, no. We have to take the day off. We've earned it.

Angelic: I'm proud of you.

CJ: Proud of you too. Sis.

Angelic Voice Over: And that's what it's all about. Helping each other out, lifting each other up when we get knocked down. Because when we do that, we truly can make our dreams come true.

Transcript

Để cải thiện khả năng nghe tiếng Anh, chỉ xem để tìm ra những phần nghe khuyết sau khi đã cố gắng nghe nhiều lần, nhiều lần mà vẫn không thể nghe ra chính xác những từ người bản xứ nói. Làm vậy để hình thành dần thói quen không lệ thuộc vào phụ đề. Khi xem phụ đề, chú ý cách người bản xứ nối âm trong từng câu, ngữ điệu, trọng âm lên xuống, những ending sound của những từ đứng đơn lẻ ngoài -s, -ed ví dụ như list, rest, like, watch, of ... (ghi nhớ ending sound sẽ giúp nghe được nối âm một cách tự nhiên), và những phát âm dạng rút gọn 's, 've, 'd, 're ... sau đó đọc lại từng câu đúng theo những chú ý này. Đọc làm gì? Luyện nghe thôi đọc làm gì? Thứ nhất để rèn khẩu hình miệng cho speaking, khi nói một câu dài, có rất nhiều chỗ mình tưởng chừng dễ nhưng khi nói thì méo hết mồm như kiểu bị ngắn lưỡi vậy, và chỉ luyện nói mới giúp mình phát hiện và cải thiện được những chỗ khuyết này. Thứ hai cũng là để cải thiện nghe, mình không nghe được chính xác từ mặc dù đã biết từ đó vì trong đầu đang tồn tại một phát âm sai của từ theo kiểu Việt hóa (do nhìn thoáng qua từ và đoán phát âm hoặc nghe được từ những người xung quanh phát âm sai nên cũng hình thành phát âm sai theo - tất cả đều là mình không cẩn thận trong việc tự tập phát âm chuẩn). Vì vậy việc đọc ra thành lời là cực kì quan trọng.


Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO1alg5R_GA


Mini Game

Mình thiết kế một trò chơi nhỏ ở dưới đây để luyện viết và rèn trí nhớ (luyện não - Train The Brain). Nó gồm những từ mới mình đã đề cập ở đầu bài viết. Cách chơi: Với những gợi ý là nghĩa của từ, mình sẽ viết ra từ được nói đến ở đây bằng tiếng Anh. Có 2 chức năng kèm ở đây là chọn giọng nói và tích hợp thêm tìm kiếm hình ảnh (ghi nhớ từ qua hình ảnh). Bắt đầu thôi.

Integrate Google Images Search Engine

Words list suggestion

Ready? Click here to start!
Time remaining:
Current score: out of
You got out of . That's %!
      light bulb

      Mẹo nhỏ nhắc nhở mình học tiếng Anh

      Trước khi kết thúc, mình muốn chia sẻ nốt một mẹo cho những bạn mới học và rất rất rất lười lười lười giống mình. Xuất phát là một đứa lười, nên mình hiểu việc tạo một thói quen học tiếng Anh là rất khó, nhiều lúc biết nguồn hay để học tiếng Anh, nhưng cũng lười đến nỗi chả buồn vào. Vì vậy mình chợt nảy ra một ý nghĩ nếu bật trình duyệt lên mà trang cần học có sẵn ngay thì sao nhỉ, chắc chắn là lười quá mức thì vẫn sẽ tắt nó đi rồi mở tab facebook hoặc tab xem phim như bình thường, nhưng ít ra nó đã nhắc nhở mình cần phải học tiếng Anh, học luôn và ngay, hơn là vào lại trang đó, tìm tìm phần cần học nghe đã muốn lười.

      Popular posts from this blog

      16. Bạn có thích đọc truyện không? Hãy luyện đọc cùng mình

      Chia sẻ tài liệu cùng luyện tập

      43. [Reading + Listening] Historical places